Bracklesham Bay Beach (West Sussex)
Bracklesham Bay Beach is sandy and has a gently shelving shore making it perfect for swimming, sailing, fishing, surfing and diving or just paddling!
Water sport enthusiasts love this area of the West Sussex coast as it is the perfect spot for wind surfing and kite surfing too!
This beech has amazing views south west across the Solent to the Isle of Wight on a clear day. It is a great beach for fossil hunters and an important stop for migrating birds.
The beach has clean water and the local village of East Wittering offers facilities like shops, restaurants and entertainment. Accommodation is easy to find as there are a few caravan sites and camping areas.
Facilities include: restaurant/cafe, toilets, boating/canoeing/jet skiing/diving, parking excellent.
Dogs are not allowed on Bracklesham Bay Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Chichester in West Sussex is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...