Worthing Beach (West Sussex)
Worthing beach is in West Sussex and is low-key compared to it’s East Sussex neighbour Brighton. Like all beaches on the West Sussex coast, it is a pebbly beach but when the tide is out its sand and many shallow pools. A great beach for family games, exploring and paddling.
The Lido on the beachfront no longer offers a swim but has funfair rides, cafes, beach shops and an ice cream kiosk. Spend your time walking along the beach or promenade people watching and exploring the grassy areas just behind the beach or the town shops. At the western end towards Goring, you have a children’s playground on the beach itself.
Facilities include car parks, street parking, cafe, lido, pier, beach huts, shelters, playground, promenade and full facilities you would expect of a seaside town centre.
If you are interested in watersports then it probably best to head a little west to Goring Gap beach.
Worthing Beach has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
Worthing beach, no dogs allowed between Heene Road and Splash Point between 1st May and 30th September.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Worthing in West Sussex is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...