Worthing Watersports (West Sussex)
Worthing Watersports are the only shop specialising in windsurfing, kitesurfing, sit-on-top kayaking, stand-up-paddle (SUO) boards and body boarding in Worthing and the general area and are a ‘one-stop-shop’ with free and very easy parking.Phone: 01903 247742
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Worthing in West Sussex is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Worthing Watersports are the only shop specialising in windsurfing, kitesurfing, sit-on-top kayaking, stand-up-paddle (SUO) boards and body boarding in Worthing and the general area and are a ‘one-stop-shop’ with free and very easy parking. Located opposite Sea Lane Café we not only stock just about everything you will ever need but also have deep knowledge of the area, Goring, Ferring, Worthing, and Lancing.
- The Sea Lane Cafe is located on Goring beach. What’s on the menu?: Full breakfast menu, snacks & drinks, freshly caught local seafood, fresh cakes & ice-creams, fully licensed. There is a large free car park (limited to 2 hours stay) and plenty of parking along the seafront.
- Goring beach is a pebble beach at the west end of the main long Worthing beach. The beach here is a pebble beach with compact sand at mid to low tide and is backed by a large grassy area. This is a good location for kitesurfing as you have the green behind the beach which provides the ideal place to set-up and meet fellow kitesurfers, with the best kite conditions are either side of mid tide. You have road parking and two car parks at either end of this beach, Marine Crescent and Sea Lane, at Sea Lane you have a licensed cafe, shop and toilets, beach huts are on the beach with some available for hire. Fishing boats launch from the beach and if your timing is good you can buy some fresh fish as they are unloaded.
- Goring Gap beach by its very name is a beach that lies in the gap between Goring and Ferring and is part of a long stretch of West Sussex beach. The beach is pebble at high tide and then flat compact sand as the tide retreats with wooden groynes providing some great wind protection, and at the back of the beach, you have a large area of grass. When the wind picks up Goring Gap is a popular beach with windsurfers and kitesurfers as the grass area makes it ideal to set-up, although be aware of the groynes. Goring Gap is also a popular beach for horse riding, although summer restrictions are in place to keep them off the beach during the main part of the day. Parking is on the road or a small car park at the Ferring end of the beach and the beach has no facilities but it is only a short walk to either Ferring or Goring beaches that both have beach cafes and toilets.
- Ferring beach is located just beyond the Goring end of the long Worthing seafront. This is the usual West Sussex pebble beach with wooden groynes and a steep pebble bank at the high water mark. The beach is ideal for rock-pooling at low tide and swimming at high tide, although the sea can be a long way out at low tide. The beach often has horses in the early morning as they gain access from the nearby Goring Gap Beach. Facilities at the beach include a licensed cafe that accepts dogs, toilets, beach huts and car parking, although the car park is open only for the cafe hours.
- Highdown Vineyard, Winery Shop and Tea Room Restaurant sits at the foot of the southern slopes of the South Downs in Ferring. The atmosphere is relaxed and tranquil with food served in the spacious winery barn. Looking out from the Vineyard to the slopes of the South Downs the views are spectacular. Highdown is a perfect place to visit for lunch or just a drink and a snack. A range of wine is available to purchase by the glass to accompany your meal. All the food is locally sourced, free range and freshly prepared. For winery tours and tastings, hire of function room or any enquiries call 01903 500663.
- Worthing beach is in West Sussex and is low-key compared to it’s East Sussex neighbour Brighton. Like all beaches on the West Sussex coast, it is a pebbly beach but when the tide is out its sand and many shallow pools. A great beach for family games, exploring and paddling. The Lido on the beachfront no longer offers a swim but has funfair rides, cafes, beach shops and an ice cream kiosk. Spend your time walking along the beach or promenade people watching and exploring the grassy areas just behind the beach or the town shops. At the western end towards Goring, you have a children’s playground on the beach itself. Facilities include car parks, street parking, cafe, lido, pier, beach huts, shelters, playground, promenade and full facilities you would expect of a seaside town centre. If you are interested in watersports then it probably best to head a little west to Goring Gap beach.
- Worthing Museum and Art Gallery collections are very diverse. With one of the largest costume collections in England as well as a stunning collection of toys and dolls. A Local History Archive is very extensive as are the Archaeology Collections. The Fine Art and Decorative Art Collections cover different styles and centuries. Please note that not all of these items will be on display at any one time and if you want to see something particular when you visit it is a good idea to contact the museum in advance.
- Worthing Pier is a traditional seaside pier that opened on 12 April 1862 and sits in the middle of the beach front at Worthing The pier today has the Pavilion Theatre and Cafe situated at the land end of the pier,whilst in the middle is the 1935 amusement arcade and the southern end pavilion has a cafe & venue.
- Beach: Splash Point (East) Beach, Worthing View: Situated right on the beach, overlooking the quietest part of Worthing Beach. Seating outside on the decking. What’s on the menu?: Modern British cuisine, locally sourced ingredients, fully licensed. And something else…. Has great artwork on the walls (café is next to East Beach Studios) and runs regular cool beach parties and cabaret events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...