Coast Radar : Who We Are
Coast Radar is a travel publisher Inspiring people to visit the UK and Ireland coast and beaches.
Coast Radar – How it all began
I [Ian Barnes] created this coastal travel guide as I was getting frustrated by the number of websites I had to visit whilst searching for ideas on UK destinations for next year’s summer holiday. With a family in tow, I needed something more than just a generic beach list or one of the many other specialised activity websites.
Through my great interest in the UK’s coastline and beaches, I decided to start recording it, in doing this I created Coast Radar as a single platform to help others find what they needed quickly and easily. This, in turn, could provide a means for local coastal businesses to reach potential customers.
Coast Radar – The Logo
Our logo represents what we are about – finding [radar] the best spots on the coast. The COAST is the blue sky and the sun, with the sun represented as a radar search, then moving to RADAR we have the blue sky with the darker blue representing the swells and waves of the sea.
Coast Radar – Today
These days, Coast Radar is more than just a website but a whole set of interactive tools inspiring beachgoers and coast visitors to explore the diversity and beauty of beaches and the wider UK and Ireland coast:
- Beach and coast guides with coverage of the whole UK and Ireland coastline
- Website navigated through interactive maps and regional search tools
- Mobile friendly, when out and about take us with you to find your nearest beach or closest place to eat
- Featured articles and travel information
- Social channels for coast explorers to ask questions, leave reviews and offer opinions
- Members area to save your favourites and itineraries
- coastwear | the right way | the sustainable way – browse over at Coast Radar Clothing
It does not matter if you are planning a staycation or just a day out at the beach, Coast Radar information should help you find that perfect spot to explore.
We are here to help you find that nearest beach for a day out, a remote cove to be away from it all or explore a traditional seaside town.
Where will you explore next? Check out coast map search tools or browse by category:
Coast Radar is a registered trademark ®