Coast Radar is a travel publisher Inspiring people to visit the UK and Ireland coast and beaches.
Coast Radar – How it all began
I [Ian Barnes] created this travel site as I was getting frustrated by the number of websites I had to visit whilst searching for ideas on UK destinations for next years summer holiday. With a family in tow, I needed something more than just a generic beach list or one of the many other specialised websites.
Through my great interest in the UK’s coastline and beaches, I decided to start recording it, in doing this I created Coast Radar as a single platform to help others find what they needed quickly and easily. This, in turn, could provide a means for local coastal businesses to reach potential customers.
Coast Radar – The Logo
Our logo represents what we are about – finding [radar] the best spots on the coast. The COAST is the blue sky and the sun, with the sun represented as a radar searching, then moving to the RADAR we have the blue sky with the darker blue representing the swell and waves of the sea.
Coast Radar Today
These days, Coast Radar is more than just a website but a whole set of interactive tools inspiring beachgoers and coast visitors to explore the beauty of beaches and the wider UK and Ireland coast:
- Beach and coast guides with coverage of the whole UK and Ireland coastline
- Website navigated through interactive maps and regional search tools
- Mobile ready, when out and about take us with you to find your nearest beach or closest place to eat
- Featured articles and travel information
- Social channels for coast explorers to ask questions, leave reviews and offer opinions
- Members area to save your favourites and help others by leaving reviews
It does not matter if you are planning a staycation or just a day out at the beach, our information should help you find that perfect spot to explore.
We are here to help you find that nearest beach for a day out, a remote cove to be away from it all or explore a traditional seaside town.
Where will you explore next? Check out coast map search tools.
Coast Radar is a registered trademark ®