Coast Radar is a travel publisher Inspiring people to visit the UK and Ireland coast and beaches.
Coast Radar – How it all began
I [Ian Barnes] created this travel site as I was getting frustrated in the number of websites I had to visit whilst searching for ideas on UK destinations for next years summer holiday. With a family in tow I needed something more than just a generic beach list or one of the many other specialised websites.
Through my great interest in the UK’s coastline and beaches I decided to start recording it, in doing this I created Coast Radar as a single platform to help others find what they needed quickly and easily. This in turn could provide a means for local coastal businesses to reach potential customers.
Coast Radar today
These days, Coast Radar is more than just a website but a whole set of interactive tools inspiring beachgoers [beachgoer – Noun – A person who goes to the beach] to explore the beauty of UK Beaches and the wider UK Coast:
- Beach and coast guides with coverage of the whole UK and Ireland coastline
- Website navigated through interactive maps and regional search tools
- Mobile ready, when out and about take us with you to find your nearest beach or place to eat
- Featured articles and travel information
- Social channels for beachgoers to ask questions and offer opinions
- Members area to save your favorites
It does not matter if you are planning a staycation or just a day out at the beach, our information should help you find that perfect spot to explore.
We are here to help you find that nearest beach for a day out, a remote cove to be away from it all or explore a traditional seaside town.
Where will you explore next? Check out coast map search tools.
Coast Radar is a registered trademark ®