Terms and Conditions
Coast Radar is a registered trademark and operates as a website along with the coastradar and ukbeaches social media handles. Where you read Coast Radar this refers to all sites and social media channels.
Coast Radar is operated by Ian Barnes trading as Praeparo.
Coast Radar is an information service for any person or organisation involved in coastal activities to promote their services with the Coast Radar website.
The Coast Radar Web site (“Site”) is located at coastradar.com
Your use of the Coast Radar website is governed by the Website Terms and Conditions set out below which should be read in conjunction with details provided on the site about how the website operates and the services available on the website.
For general enquiries please e-mail [email protected].
If you experience problems with our website or have comments please email [email protected].
Coast Radar does not permit you to incorporate any material from this website in any other work, publications or website either of your own or belonging to any third party without the prior consent of the Coast Radar.
This Website is intended to provide general information on a particular subject or subjects and is not an exhaustive treatment of such subject(s). Accordingly, the information in this Website is not intended to constitute any legal, consultative or other professional advice, service or contract in any way.
This website and the information contained herein is provided “as is”, and Coast Radar makes no express or implied representations or warranties regarding this website or the information in it. Without limiting the foregoing, Coast Radar does not warrant that the website or information in it will be error-free or will meet any particular criteria of performance or quality. Coast Radar expressly disclaims all implied warranties, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, title, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
The Services may include hyperlinks to other websites or content or resources. Coast Radar has no control over any websites or resources which are provided by companies or persons other than Coast Radar. You acknowledge and agree that Coast Radar is not responsible for the availability of any such external sites or resources, and does not endorse any advertising, products or other materials on or available from such websites or resources.
You acknowledge and agree that Coast Radar is not liable for any loss or damage which may be incurred by you as a result of the availability of those external sites or resources, or as a result of any reliance placed by you on the completeness, accuracy or existence of any advertising, products or other materials on, or available from, such websites or resources.
Use of Site
Your use of this website and the information in it is at your own risk. You assume full responsibility and risk of loss resulting from the use of this website or information in it. None of Coast Radar or its affiliates, or any partners, principals, stockholders or employees of any thereof will be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages or any other damages whatsoever, whether in an action of contract, statute, tort (including, without limitation, negligence) or otherwise, relating to the use of this website or information contained in it.
Coast Radar reserves the right to withdraw its website at any time and without prior warning. Coast Radar will endeavour to advise users of its website in advance of any withdrawal, whether such withdrawal is temporary or permanent.
Links to this Website
Coast Radar reserves the right at its discretion to prohibit any link from another Internet site or equivalent entity to materials or information on this website. Without prejudice to that, any link to material or information on this website must be neither misleading nor deceptive and must fairly indicate Coast Radar as the destination of the link.
Furthermore, no page or pages from this website may be framed by or with any third-party content or otherwise made available to the public in conjunction with any third party content without the prior written consent of Coast Radar.
Copyright and Related Rights
All content, designs, text, graphics, software compilations and source codes on this website are the copyright of Coast Radar and/or its content providers.
Reproduction of part or all of the contents of this website in any form is prohibited other than for individual use only and may not be recopied and shared with a third party except as set out in User-submitted content, below. The permission to recopy by an individual does not allow for incorporation of material or any part of it in any work or publication, whether in hard copy, electronic, or any other form. Any other use of the website without prior written consent from Coast Radar is strictly forbidden.
Coast Radar reserves the right to change or amend these Website Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
By sending any text, images, audio, video or other content to this website you grant to Coast Radar a non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to publish and use that content (or any part of it, and as that content may be edited, cropped or otherwise modified by Coast Radar, at Coast Radar’s discretion) on this website, and on or in other Coast Radar websites and publications, in any media and at any time. Coast Radar may require you to confirm the rights granted in this paragraph and where requested to do so you shall provide all reasonable assistance to Coast Radar. You also agree that any user of this website may use such content in accordance with these Website Terms and Conditions.
You (or the copyright owner) remain the owner of the copyright in any content and are free to republish it wherever you (or the owner) so wish, subject to any other restraints. You agree however to abide by rules in relation to commercial photography at certain locations, namely that photographs taken at certain locations may be subject to restrictions.
All material must comply with the User Content Pages – Rules of Acceptable Use, set out below.
User Content Pages – Rules of Acceptable Use
User Content Pages and any discussion forums or pages of this website where you are capable of posting material are provided for your private and non-commercial use and for the exchange of lawful, relevant, fair and appropriate information, opinions and comment. Use of a website that is inconsistent with those stated purposes is strictly prohibited. Your use of these user content pages and this website generally is subject to the following terms which, by your use of the user content pages and this website, you are deemed to accept (and which amount to a non-exhaustive list of prohibited acts):
- You may not place on this website any material (or use any username) which is defamatory, abusive, discriminatory, threatening, harassing, harmful to children, obscene, offensive, or which applauds, encourages or entices abuse, discrimination or hate; or which might bring Coast Radar into disrepute.
- You may not post any material on this website which has been disclosed to you in confidence or which, by its nature, is confidential.
- You may not post any material on this website which compromises or is invasive of the privacy or security of anyone other than yourself; and confirm that you have secured the consent of any person (and, in the case of a child, of those persons who have parental responsibility for such child) who appears, or is referred to, in any material posted by you on the website to its publication by Coast Radar in accordance with these terms.
- You may not use multiple log-ins or post duplicate, repetitive or trivial content or content which does not relate to the applicable discussion thread.
- You may not place on the website any material which may encourage criminal conduct or which may give rise to civil liability, or which is otherwise unlawful.
- You may not place on this website any material not written in the English language.
- You may not place on this website any material belonging to any person (or any material where the rights belong to any person) other than yourself without the prior written consent of the owner of it.
- You may not place on the site any material whose publication by Coast Radar may give rise to any third party claims.
- You may not place any links on this website where those links take users to unlawful material or material that contravenes these Rules of Acceptable Use.
- You may not place on FREE (non-chargeable) areas of this website advertisements nor make commercial solicitations nor use this website for any commercial purposes (which would include using the website to promote or encourage the sale of your goods/services).
- You may not place on this website any material that authorises, enables or encourages the dissemination of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation; or which contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or which might interfere with the normal operation of this website or servers or networks connected to this website.
- You agree that Coast Radar accepts no responsibility for any statements, material or other submissions placed on this website by you or any third party, or for any loss or damage resulting from your breach of these Rules of Acceptable Use.
- You agree to indemnify Coast Radar, its commissioners, employees, officers and agents from any and all claims and liabilities (including legal fees) which arise from your statements, contributions or other submissions to this website, from any unauthorised use of material obtained from our website or otherwise from your breach of our Rules of Acceptable Use.
Refusal, removal and/or editing of content
Coast Radar may not view or edit or pre-screen any contribution that you or anyone else makes to this website and therefore you cannot assume that Coast Radar is responsible for having made it available on the website. Coast Radar, and others that it designates, shall, however, have the right (but not the obligation) at its sole discretion to refuse, remove or edit any content that is posted to, or available on, this website without the need to give any reasons for doing so.
If you object to the publication of any material placed on this website please let Coast Radar know by sending an appropriately worded email to [email protected] and we will take whatever action we deem appropriate.
To obtain access to certain parts of this website Coast Radar may require you to register. You can control your notifications and account through the dashboard.
Business listings run for the duration you purchased and you will be informed near to renewal as to actions available to renew or cancel. In most cases, a paid listing will revert to a free listing if any subscription lapses.
All material must comply with the User Content Pages – Rules of Acceptable Use, set out above.
Communication and Newsletter
Coast Radar may send a communication through direct email or a newsletter. When registering an account on the site you are NOT automatically registered for emails, you will need to separately subscribe to our email notifications.
- Email communication is related to Coast Radar itself and any relationship you have with Coast Radar.
- The newsletter can be unsubscribed at any point in time through the unsubscribe link on the newsletter itself.
A number of links on this site are affiliate links. If you click on these links and go visit the resulting site, a cookie will be set in your web browser that will cause us to receive a commission “IF” you purchase a product on the other end. This is a legitimate way to monetize and pay for the operation of websites and we gladly reveal our affiliate relationships to you.
Further, we do not receive physical products or cash directly in exchange for any reviews or posts you find on this site. No one has paid us to do reviews or posts. We have to tell you that it is possible that our reviews and posts are influenced by our affiliate relationships and may create a conflict of interest. We do not believe a conflict of interest exists, but you, the visitor or customer, must decide by considering the affiliate relationships and link techniques we have described. Obviously, we would like you to buy the service or products we write about and we are influenced by that fact. We avoid conflict by only reviewing or posting about products and services we trust. We strive to always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on topics or products we write about and promote.
Other vendors may also pay to place advertising on our sites in the form of banners, widgets, and hyperlinks. These are paid advertisements and while we do our best to only allow quality products and services to be advertised on our site, we are not responsible for claims or testimonials made on paid advertising links.