Planning a trip to the Norfolk coast and looking for a beach hut or chalet to rent. Beach huts have been part of the British seaside since late Victorian times and now provide a means to stay at the beach all day whatever the weather.
Beach hut hire periods do vary but you can get them for a day or a whole week and although most don’t allow overnight stays some do offer beachside accommodation. Rental can be in the range of £20-£40/day depending on the level of equipment provided and position in Norfolk.
Finding the right beach hut to rent or chalet to hire in Norfolk is easy – explore the beach hut links below, or use the search bar.
Popular Norfolk locations
Find Norfolk Dog Friendly Beaches
Heading to the Norfolk coast with your dog and not sure if they are allowed on any beaches?
This Norfolk list of dog friendly beaches will help in planning your next trip to the beach, beaches for dogs near Norfolk
Our Norfolk dog friendly beach list currently has 6 Norfolk beaches listed where dogs are allowed with 12 beaches that have some dog restrictions, and there are no beaches on which a full dog ban is in operation.
Norfolk Beaches allowing dogs
This list shows 6 Norfolk beaches with no dog restrictions and can be used all year.
- Caister Beach, Great Yarmouth
- North Beach, Great Yarmouth
- Heacham Beach, Hunstanton
- Great Yarmouth South Beach, Great Yarmouth
- Snettisham Beach, King's Lynn
- Winterton-on-Sea Beach, Winterton-on-Sea
Note, although dogs are allowed you are expected to keep control of your dog, clean-up after them and some beaches may require you to keep them on a lead. Please check local information sites for any restrictions.
Norfolk Beaches that have dog restrictions
This list shows 12 Norfolk beaches allowing dogs but with some restrictions. These restrictions could be a time of day, restricted zones, dogs to be kept on a lead or only allowed out of season. Check our beach information page for details of the restrictions in place.
- East Runton Beach, Cromer
- Cromer Beach, Cromer
- Great Yarmouth Central Beach, Great Yarmouth
- Hemsby Beach, Winterton-on-Sea
- Mundesley Beach, Mundesley
- Sea Palling Beach, Sea Palling
- Wells Beach, Wells-next-the-Sea
- Holkham Bay Beach, Wells-next-the-Sea
- West Runton Beach, Cromer
- Sheringham Beach, Sheringham
- Brancaster Beach, Brancaster
- Bacton Beach, Bacton
Norfolk Beaches that do not allow dogs
We have no Norfolk beaches recorded that do not allow dogs at any time.
Norfolk Beaches that we have NO dog restriction information
This list shows 10 Norfolk beaches where we have no information on dog restrictions.
- Cley Beach, Sheringham
- Gorleston Beach, Great Yarmouth
- California Beach, Great Yarmouth
- South Denes Beach, Great Yarmouth
- Hunstanton Beach, Hunstanton
- Hunstanton South Beach, Hunstanton
- Old Hunstanton Beach, Hunstanton
- Overstrand Beach, Cromer
- Scratby Beach, Great Yarmouth
- Walcott Beach, Walcott
If a Norfolk beach is not listed above then we have no information and you will have to check local beach information boards.
Note that we try to keep this dog beach information up to date but restrictions are set by local councils and occasionally we may miss a change.