Porthcurno Beach (Cornwall)
Porthcurno Beach is a beautiful white sand, southeast facing beach in the western corner of the very lovely Porthcurno Bay. The beach has some protection by the cliffs on either side but the beach has a deep shelf into the sea at high tide that adults would find a challenge and so care must be taken with children.
Facilities at the beach include car park, toilets, cafe and lifeguard patrols during the summer, with access to the beach along a hard path through the trees from the car park.
This is a popular location as we would also suggest a visit to the Minack Theatre in the cliffs to the west and if you have time to the east Pedn Vounder Beach and the famous Logan Rock. This popularity does mean the car park can get very busy as a number of visitors use it to visit the theatre and museum rather than spending the day on the beach.
Porthcurno beach has seasonal dog restrictions, check signs on the beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Penwith Peninsula in Cornwall is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...