Chapel Porth Beach
Chapel Porth beach is a small sandy cove which at low tide extends to a wide beach beyond the cliffs. When the tide is out you can walk south along the beach to nearby Porthtowan. Alternatively, the South West coast path extends along the cliff top in either direction.
Many caves scattered along this stretch of coastline formed by coastal erosion.
Chapel Porth is renowned for good surf.
There is plenty of parking in the Chapel Porth National Trust car park at the beach as well as more spaces in the car park at the top of the hill above the cove. Other facilities at the beach include toilets, small cafe and lifeguards in the summer.
We have no current information on dog restrictions for Chapel Porth Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for St Agnes in Cornwall is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...