Abersoch Main Beach (Gwynedd)
The main beach at Abersoch is in a sheltered position that makes it ideal for traditional beach visitors and watersports lovers alike. This is a large, relatively sheltered sandy beach, on the south east facing side of the Llyn Peninsula with colourful beach huts.
Abersoch Main Beach is a Blue Flag Beach and has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
There is an area of this beach where dogs are not allowed between 1st April and 30th September and this runs from Yacht Club to the slipway by the golf club and beach cafe. From beach cafe golf slipway to Mickeys boatyard no restrictions.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Llyn Peninsula in Gwynedd is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...