Stokes Bay Beach (Hampshire)
Stokes Bay Beach has to be one of the longest shingle beaches I’ve ever seen, stretching from Lee on the Solent to the Stokes Bay Harbour Entrance. There is a large car park and when you step out of the car all you see is sky and beach for miles in either direction.
There are great facilities here and the beach is popular for swimming, sailing, fishing, canoeing, other water sports, and next to the beach Stanley Park which is home to wildlife and bird life and a lovely place to walk.
If you are thinking of eating out try Pebbles Fish and Wine Bar in the bay which has stunning views across the water to the Isle of Wight and a great wine cellar and menu!
Facilities at the beach include car park, cafe and restaurants, toilets (incl. disabled), BBQ areas, slipway and a variety of shops. Entertainment options also include ‘Pirates Cove’ child play facility, paddling pool, putting green, tennis courts and golf club.
Stokes Bay beach, Dogs are restricted in some beach areas between May and October.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Gosport in Hampshire is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...