Church Bay Porth Swtan Beach
Church Bay also known as Porth Swtan, is a small rock/pebble/sand mixed beach, located on the north coast of Anglesey, facing west overlooking Holyhead.
The bay is so named Church Bay because of the nearby Llanrhuddlad church which is visible from the sea.
Can have some useful surf more suited to bodyboarders and is also a great place for walkers, birdwatchers and wildlife watchers alike.
Some good seafood restaurants nearby.
Church Bay Porth Swtan Beach is a Blue Flag Beach and has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
Church Bay Porth Swtan Beach is dog friendly and allows dogs all year.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Rhydwyn in Isle of Anglesey is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...