Whitecliff Bay Beach (Isle of Wight)
Whitecliff Bay Beach is a sand and shingle beach at the foot of Culver Cliffs and adjoining the Whitecliff Bay Camping Grounds.
The beach is a Marine Conservation Society recommended beach and the footpaths that meander across the cliffs above give you terrific views out to sea.
The bay is lovely but with limited parking but it does have a cafe and a picnic area though.
Visitors who enjoy a walk can park on the top of Culver Down and take a stroll along a steep footpath to the beach. Having a holiday camp behind it makes the bay popular for families and no dogs are permitted at any time.
The beach itself is great for swimming and body boarding and is cleaned regularly.
Dogs are not allowed on Whitecliff Bay Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Bembridge in Isle of Wight is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...