Colwell Bay Beach (Isle of Wight)
Colwell Bay beach is sandy and popular with the locals.
The beach itself is gently sloping into the sea which is great for families with kids but be careful of the steps a bit further around the bay which may be slippery.
There are beach huts to rent on the promenade and a lovely beach cafe with a terrace giving great views over the whole bay. The facilities on the beach are good with parking close by and a few shops selling buckets and spades, belly boards, balls, beach shoes and ice creams.
Colwell Bay has dog restrictions.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Freshwater in Isle of Wight is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...