Seagrove beach is a golden, sandy reminder of how beach holidays used to be.
A gently sloping beach and very clear water allows you to safely allow the children to explore. The rocks provide hours of crabbing fun and there’s a cafe if they need a snack or a drink. It is a quiet beach rimmed by exclusive properties and hotels making it quite secluded.
An ideal spot for bathing, picnics, exploring and just lazing away a day with the family. Parking facilities at Seagrove are not good and access will have to be from Seaview Village on foot. It lies between Seaview and St Helens and has great views over the Solent.
Seagrove Beach has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
Seagrove Beach is dog friendly and allows dogs all year.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Ryde in Isle of Wight is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...