East Runton Beach
East Runton Beach is a sandy beach with pebbles at the high water mark and the beach is backed by sloping sandstone cliffs.
Popular surfing beach and less busy and lower key than nearby Cromer.
As you walk eastwards towards Cromer you will see some old Pill Boxes in the sand that once sat on the cliffs protecting the coast.
Facilities include car parking, toilets, cafe, holiday parks and seasonal lifeguards.
East Runton Beach is a Blue Flag Beach.
East Runton beach has dog restrictions on sections of this beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Cromer in Norfolk is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Stay At …
Booking.com interactive map