- Ross Back Sands is 3 miles of sandy quiet beach backed by sand dunes. The beach protrudes out between Holy Island and Budle Bay which means it can be very windy due to this exposed position although careful positioning within the sand dunes can provide a good windbreak. Some good walks around Ross beach including a nature reserve which is a popular spot for bird watching and you get some great views of Lindisfarne Castle to the north on Holy Island and Bamburgh Castle to the south. The beach has no facilities and there is a 1½ mile walk from the nearest parking point at Ross and this is probably why the beach is never busy. Note that due to the remoteness and sand dunes parts of the beach are used by naturists.
- Harbottle Castle was built in the 12th century. It was a typical Norman motte and bailey castle built of earth and timber. In the 13th century, a stone castle replaced the earlier building. The castle was destroyed and rebuilt many times in the wars with Scotland between the 12th and 16th centuries. Most of the stone from the castle was reused to make later buildings, but the layout of the castle can still be seen from the form of the earthworks that survive. Some good walks to Drake’s Stone and a hilltop lake.
- Newton Haven beach at Low Newton consists of sand, sand dunes and rocks. This is a sheltered Bay popular with water sports enthusiasts and bird watchers. In the south part of the dunes is Newton Pool, a freshwater nature reserve owned by the National Trust, whilst looking south on the headland across the bay is the ruin of Dunstanburgh Castle. Low Newton a short walk from the beach provides parking, toilets, pub and small shops.
- Hoseasons Border Forest Lodges is enviably located on the edge of magnificent Kielder Forest Border Forest Lodges offer a perfect rural escape – a haven of peace and tranquillity bordering the spectacular Northumberland National Park. Situated on the Pennine Way the surrounding area has majestic scenery birds and wildlife. A paradise for walkers guests and their dogs and mountain biking. Spacious and contemporary holiday homes and lodges perfect for couples and families.Outdoor hot tub Flat screen TV DVD/CD Kitchen including microwave and fridge/freezer Shower Bed linen and duvets Beds made up for your arrival Decking with furniture Gas and electricity included Group bookings may be subject to restrictions Pets £15pw each (max 2) All non smoking accommodation
- Bamburgh Castle beach is in an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty on the Northumberland Coast. It’s vast, unspoilt shoreline is uncrowded and backed by fabulous sand dunes and the magnificent Bamburgh Castle. It also commands sea views across to Lindisfarne, Holy Island and Farne Islands. Popular surfing and kitesurfing beach. Facilities include toilets, parking, cafes, restaurant and of course a big castle!
- Hoseasons Kielder Lodges is part of our Go Active Breaks Collection set within the stunning location of Kielder Water and Forest Park. Whether you want to rejuvenate and relax away from the stresses of city life or you are seeking adrenalin thrills and adventure in the greater outdoors Kielder Water and Forest Park has it all. There are many reasons to visit; the most popular being the distinctive scenery. Home to northern Europe’s largest man-made lake and at over 250 square miles the largest working forest in England the Park’s remoteness and clean air and water offer a fresh outdoor experience. The gastro style pub serving locally sourced menus is a great place to relax after spending the day in the great outdoors walking cycling or discovering the artworks and wildlife round the park. Choose from a selection of two and three bedroom lodges all situated in a tranquil setting with stunning views over the lake or forest.Outdoor hot tub (in Superior and Exclusive only) TV DVD Payphone Kitchen including microwave dishwasher fridge/freezer and washer/dryer Bath and/or shower Bed linen duvets and towels Use of fluffy bathrobes and slippers (in Superior and Exclusive only) Complimentary luxury toiletries Verandah Electricity included Babies must be included in party total Travel cots and highchairs free of charge Group bookings may be subject to restrictions Pets £30pw each (max 2) (in specific lodges only) All non smoking accommodation
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.