Southwold The Denes Beach (Suffolk)
The Denes beach at Southwold is a quiet shingle beach backed by sand dunes and marshes less busy than the main Southwold beach. The beach is between the mouth of the river Blyth and the historical seaside town of Southwold.
Popular with walkers or those wanting a rural beach.
The beach has toilets, parking and summer lifeguards with more facilities just a short walk away at Southwold.
Southwold The Denes Beach is dog friendly and allows dogs all year.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Southwold in Suffolk is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...