Swansea Bay Beach
The four miles of Swansea Bay stretches from Swansea Marina at the mouth of the River Tawe to Mumbles Head in the west. The beach faces south east towards the Bristol Channel and the best sandy spots are towards the Swansea end of the bay.
A promenade runs along the edge of the bay and in the middle is Blackpill, with a cafe and paddling pools.
The bay is ideal for watersports of all kind.
We have no current information on dog restrictions for Swansea Bay Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Swansea in Swansea Bay and The Gower is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...