Family friendly festivals, workshops and other events
Guide to key events on offer suitable for families. Browse listings of family friendly festivals, workshops, exhibitions and other activities to enjoy in .
Finding out what’s on in is easy – simply explore the event links below.
- 10th August 2019, 11:00 am-11th August 2019, 5:00 pmSt Anne’s Kite Festival takes place ob St Anne’s seafront and has kite teams from across the UK and overseas. Running over Saturday and Sunday you will get to see fabulous kite displays although this is weather dependent. Most years regardless of the weather you have been able to see something and have a great family day out.
- 1st June 2019, 10:00 am-7th September 2019, 6:00 pmThe South Tyneside Festival has activities and events taking place throughout the summer months of June, July and August, and admission is free. A annual three-month celebration of music and culture and includes:Open-air concerts every Sunday in July at Bents Park A summer parade on Sat 6th July, which heads through the streets of South Shields proms in the park Fun, games and activities for children much much more…There is something for everyone and a full programme can be found on the website.
- 6th July 2019-7th July 2019Paddle Round the Pier is a FREE beach festival located at Hove Lawns and features the very best in water, street and urban sports, live music and family entertainment. Paddle has always appealed to surfers and water-sports enthusiasts, with all the usual suspects from Surfing, Kayaking, Windsurfing, Stand-up Paddle Boarding and Kitesurfing. With so much fantastic fun to be had with great prizes and a chance to try things for yourself on our 20 meter long demo pool.
- 27th July 2019-29th July 2019The Whitstable Oyster Festival, which brings Whitstable together to celebrate the shell fish, has family fun activities, parades, live music and the obvious oyster-eating. A great time to explore Whitstable on the Kent coast with loads of delicious fresh seafood to sample.
- 19th July 2019-21st July 2019The Bristol Harbour Festival is an annual festival that spans the city and harbour areas. Throughout the 3 days a wide selection of tall ships, live music, street performances, food markets, water display teams, circus acts and family activities. This event does not have camping but there are a number of hotels, hostels and guest houses in the Bristol area. Image provided by Sberriman
- 15th July 2019-18th July 2019The Eastbourne Airshow offers a free seafront viewing area with a varied programme of flying over the 4 days along with a weekend evening flying event and fireworks. The packed flying programme starts at lunchtime each day and ends around 5pm. Eastbourne also offers a lot of ground attractions during the event which typically opens at 10am each day.
- 6th July 2019-7th July 2019The Wales Airshow is a free event held along the 8 km (5 mile) seafront between Mumbles and Swansea City. With a backdrop of the beautiful Swansea Bay you will see a wide range of vintage planes and formal displays along with plenty of entertainment on the seafront.
- 22nd June 2019-23rd June 2019The Weston Air Festival is a free event of the 22nd/23rd weekend in June, with a mix of spectacular aerobatic displays and armed forces celebrations. Air displays plan to start at 1pm and run through until 5pm but are subject to change depending on weather conditions and operational commitments. Plenty to do for the whole family around the Weston seafront, over the weekend there will be exhibitions, bars, food, display teams and a fairground. … and all this located in the beautiful Weston-super-Mare Somerset seaside resort.