Whitstable Oyster Festival (Kent)
- Event Information
The Whitstable Oyster Festival, which brings Whitstable together to celebrate the shell fish, has family fun activities, parades, live music and the obvious oyster-eating.
A great time to explore Whitstable on the Kent coast with loads of delicious fresh seafood to sample.Date:27th July 2019-29th July 2019
- What do others think ...
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Whitstable in Kent is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Whitstable Beach is a pebble beach divided by wooden groynes and backed by colourful beach huts. A great selection of seafood restaurants, renowned oysters, and a good range of cafes make Whitstable a delight for foodies. Parking, beach huts and the facilities of Whitstable itself. We have no dog information for Whitstable beach.
- Tankerton Beach is also known as Tankerton Slopes due to grass slopes backing onto the shingle and sand beach. The beach has some pretty wooden beach huts. At low tide you get a stretch of pebbles known as ‘The Street’ which leads out to sea providing a natural promenade, although care should be taken when the tide comes in. Facilities at the beach include toilets with disabled access, on-street parking, cafe/restaurant, promenade, grass areas and beach hut hire.
- Beach Hut on Tankerton beach just a few minutes walk from public toilets, cafes and local shops. Facilities include: balcony table/chairs, deck chairs, rugs, kettle, cutlery, crockery and books. Daily hire is from 9am to 10pm. Special rates available for longer hire periods including weekends and weekly hire. Sorry but we don’t allow pets.
- Beach: Tankerton Beach View: Overooking shingle & sand of Tankerton Beach What’s on the menu?: JoJo’s has a coffee shop which is open during the day serving hot and cold drinks , cakes & light bites. Its restaurant is open during the evenings and some lunchtimes and serves freshly cooked food with a Mediterranean influence.
- Seasalter Beach is mostly a pebble beach with a steep shingle bank but as the tide goes out you get a large area of flat sand although this does turn into London Clay a little further out. The beach is divided by wooden groynes that can provide protection on windy days, and is not so busy as its more sandy neighbours like Westgate-on-Sea and the Broadstairs bays. Seasalter is located on the Kent north coast facing the Isle of Sheppey, between the towns of Whitstable and Faversham. Much of the coastal area between Seasalter and Faversham is a coastal marsh with an abundance of wildlife including wildfowl, wading birds and the famous award-winning salt marsh lamb. Facilities at the beach include cafe/restaurant, toilets, shop, beach hut hire, picnic areas, slipway, sailing club, Hoseasons Holiday Park and a nearby pub. If you are hungry then you can even pop along to the nearby Michelin star The Sportsman restaurant.
- West Beach is a pebble beach sitting to the west of Hampton Pier and the curve in the coastline. Hampton Pier at the west end of Herne Bay, Kent is some 350 feet (110 m) long. Toilets, pub, grass park. We have no dog information for Hampton Pier – West beach.
- The Sportsman is a Michelin star restaurant located on the coastal road just outside Seasalter, to the west of Whitstable in Kent. This is a Michelin-starred restaurant in a gastro pub setting. Diners come from far and wide to taste the food which has an emphasis on locally sourced ingredients, fresh fish and some innovative creative ideas.
- East Beach is a pebble beach sitting to the east of Hampton Pier at the west end of Herne Bay, Kent. Hampton Pier is some 350 feet (110 m) long built on a curve of the coastline. Toilets, pub, grass park We have no dog information for Hampton Pier – East beach.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map