Nearest Places to Eat Dorset
When planning a day out or weekend away in Dorset one of the hardest parts is finding a great place to eat. Our Dorset eating pages list local places to eat including beach cafes, coffee shops, restaurants, fish and chip shops, cream teas, takeaways or places to wind away the evening and talk about the day’s activities.
Simply explore the links below, hit the jump to my location button or use the search bar to plan your next Dorset coastal food stop.
- Beach: Boscombe Beach View: Located at the newly refurbished Overstrand on Boscombe promenade, offering panoramic views over Bournemouth Bay and to the Purbecks and beyond. What’s on the menu?: The Urban Reef has a sundeck right on the promenade, a ground floor café, bar and local produce deli and a 100 seater restaurant on the first floor and mezzanine. The café serves a selection of classic bistro dishes and refreshments to customers during the day, and at night sample the British menu with an international twist in their seaview restaurant.
- Beach: Shell Bay beach, Studland View: Located right on the edge of the Isle of Purbeck, overlooking Brownsea Island, the waters of Poole Harbour and Sandbanks. What’s on the menu?: Light snacks served bistro-style during the day and a full menu with a seafood Mediterranean influence can be enjoyed in the restaurant at night.
- Beach: Friars Cliff Beach, Christchurch View: The café is located facing an award-winning beach, with amazing sea views from Hurst Spit in the East, to the Purbeck Hills in the West. What’s on the menu? A family run café, open all year round, serving breakfasts, snacks, burgers & sausages, homemade cakes, ice-creams
- Beach: Mudeford Sandbanks Beach View: Situated on the sandbank of by Hengistbury Head and offering stunning panoramic views across Christchurch Harbour What’s on the menu?: Selection of hot and cold snacks, including fish and chips and burgers, refreshments, ice-creams
- Beach: Swanage Beach View: Situated right on Swanage seafront with views down the sandy beach and across the bay. What’s on the menu?: Serving light lunches, bistro dinner or a tapas menu using fresh local produce. Extensive menu for vegetarians.
- Beach: East Beach View: Situated right on the beach with views of the Jurassic Dorset coastline across the harbour towards Thorncombe Beacon, Charmouth and Lyme Regis. Looking the other way towards Burton Bradstock you have the imposing golden cliffs that are so well known along this coastline. What’s on the menu?: Offering up the best of Dorset’s produce with an extensive breakfast menu, fish and chips, seasonal specials, homemade cakes and ice-creams.
- Beach: Avon Beach, Christchurch View: The café is situated on an idyllic stretch of Dorset’s South Coast with a view of Christchurch Harbour. What’s on the menu?: Open all day serving a range of home-cooked meals ranging from breakfasts, light lunches to tapas and an enticing evening menu.
- The Blue Pool changes colour from shades of green to turquoise. The deep clay bowls is located within 25 acres of woodland, heath and gorse with marked walks throughout and children play areas and tea house and museum. The red route is suitable for wheelchairs and pushchairs. A Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) the Blue Pool is a former clay pit dug in the 1840’s. The colour change is a mystery but the colour you see is related to the conditions. Dogs allowed on leads.