Broadsands beach is a beautiful sweep of fine red sands, between rocky headlands. This beach is an ideal beach for families with children, the long promenade is lined with colourful beach huts and gives a level walk to both ends of the beach.
This beach is a favoured starting point for coastal walkers.
Facilities at the beach include parking, toilets, food, beach huts, deckchair and pedalo hire.
Devon also has a similarly named beach near Watermouth between Ilfracombe and Combe Martin on Devon’s North Coast, click here for Broadsands beach, Ilfracombe.
Broadsands Beach has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
Bovisand Bay beach does not allow dogs in the summer.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Paignton in Devon is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...