Torre Abbey Beach (Devon)
Torre Abbey is the main Torquay beach on the promenade.
A great family sandy beach in the town with some rocky sections to explore. The waters are shallow and safe and popular for watersports.
On the other side of the seafront road is a large public green, called Torre Abbey Meadows.
Facilities include pay and display parking, promenade, cafe/restaurant, toilets, disabled visitors’ facilities and beach access, deckchair hire, slipway, bowling, tennis, crazy golf, pitch and putt.
Torre Abbey Beach is a Blue Flag Beach and has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
Torre Abbey beach allows No dogs during summer season although a dog exercise area at nearby Torre Abbey Meadows.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Torquay in Devon is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...