Durdle Door Beach
Durdle Door beach is named after the natural arch that reaches out into the sea.
The arch is one of Dorsets most cherished beauty spots a 30 (ish) minute walk from Lulworth Cove or 15 (ish) minute walk from the holiday park. This location on the South West Coast Path is very popular.
Although a popular beach this fine pebble beach is never too busy, in part due to its inaccessibility being a decent walk and steep steps down to the beach.
No facilities at the beach only a small kiosk on the hillside above the beach. The nearest car park and shops are at the Durdle Door holiday park or a longer walk from Lulworth Cove.
Durdle Door Beach is dog friendly and allows dogs all year.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' tab we list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do and places to eat.
- Stay At …
Booking.com interactive map