Durdle Door Beach (Dorset)
Durdle Door beach is named after the natural arch that reaches out into the sea.
The arch is one of Dorsets most cherished beauty spots a 30 (ish) minute walk from Lulworth Cove or 15 (ish) minute walk from the holiday park. This location on the South West Coast Path is very popular.
Although a popular beach this fine pebble beach is never too busy, in part due to its inaccessibility being a decent walk and steep steps down to the beach.
No facilities at the beach only a small kiosk on the hillside above the beach. The nearest car park and shops are at the Durdle Door holiday park or a longer walk from Lulworth Cove.
Durdle Door Beach is dog friendly and allows dogs all year.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for West Lulworth in Dorset is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...