Church Ope Cove Beach (Dorset)
Church Ope Cove beach is a pebble beach with a small stream on the eastern side of Portland and as the tide goes out you have a number of rock pools and some sand.
The beach is sheltered as it has cliffs on three sides. Popular diving location to access the many wrecks off Portland.
Facilities include car parking a short walk away, toilets and cafe nearby. Parking is a little way away and the route to the beach involves a walk through a wood, graveyard and then down stone steps.
Church Ope Cove Beach is dog friendly and allows dogs all year.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Weymouth in Dorset is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...