Lodmoor Beach (Dorset)
Lodmoor beach is in Weymouth bay some 1 mile (1.6km) east of Weymouth town centre and the beach is backed by the Lodmoor nature reserve.
This is a Royal Society for the Protection of Birds (RSPB) nature reserve, composed of reed bed, salt marsh, wet grassland and open water, and is separated from Weymouth Bay by Lodmoor beach.
Parking and food available.
We have no current information on dog restrictions for Lodmoor Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Weymouth in Dorset is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...