Shoebury East Beach (Essex)
Shoebury East beach is approximately quarter of a mile long gently sloping sandy/shingle beach backed by a large grassy area perfect for picnics.
Can get very crowded on hot summer days and bank holidays.
East Beach is a popular beach for watersports, especially windsurfing and kitesurfing, due to its position on the estuary. The beach has a designated zone, but beware of tides, at low tide you may have more than 1 mile to walk out or back. Typically you are looking at about 90 minutes either side of high tide.
The beach is next to a MOD firing range.
Facilities include parking (some areas are seasonal), toilets, slipway, outside shower and beach zones help keep water users segregated.
Shoebury East Beach is a Blue Flag Beach and has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
Shoebury East beach, No dogs are allowed on Southend beaches between 1st May and 30th September.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Southend-on-Sea in Essex is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...