Aberdaron beach is a sandy west facing beach at the picturesque village of Aberdaron on the Llyn Peninsula.
The beach is large and gently shelving with relatively safe and clean bathing water.
Overlooking the northern part of Cardigan Bay this area has numerous footpaths and scenic routes to explore.
Facilities include car park, cafes, pubs and gift shops.
Aberdaron Beach is a Blue Flag Beach and has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
Aberdaron beach has seasonal dog restrictions.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Llyn Peninsula in Gwynedd is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Stay At …
Booking.com interactive map