Beachlands is primarily a shingle beach with the beach being backed by sandy grass areas and heathland, criss-crossed by many paths.
This area of the seafront is the best for entertainment of all sorts. It is the home of the Hayling fairground, the Amusements arcades are open all year round.
The seafront area is accessible to all with the provision of boardwalks over the shingle bank, which are wide enough to take wheelchairs. Specially designed picnic areas are also located on some of the boardwalks.
Car parks, toilets, beach huts, tourist information office and a number of kiosks, cafes, bars and restaurants.
Beachlands Beach is a Blue Flag Beach.
We have no current information on dog restrictions for Beachlands Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Hayling Island in Hampshire is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...