Southsea Beach (Hampshire)
Southsea beach is pebble/stoney beach that stretches along the whole southern end of Portsea Island from Old Portsmouth beach to Eastney beach. Adjacent to the beach and seafront promenade, Southsea Common is a large open space.
Facilities include parking, toilets, promenade, and food outlets.
We have no current information on dog restrictions for Southsea Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Portsmouth in Hampshire is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...