Leysdown-on-sea is sandy beach on the east side of the Isle of Sheppey. The beach has a high sea wall with ramps/steps at intervals.
This is a traditional small seaside town with shops, holiday parks, promenade, amusement arcades and a selection of places to eat.
Leysdown-on-sea Beach is a Blue Flag Beach and has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
Dogs are not allowed on Leysdown-on-sea Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Isle Of Sheppey in Kent is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Stay At …
Booking.com interactive map