Saltburn Beach (North Yorkshire)
Saltburn beach is a large flat shingle and sand beach backed by cliffs. To get down to the beach and pier you have a Victorian water powered Cliff Lift.
A popular beach for watersports, in particular for surfing with beach breaks either side of the pier.
Facilities include lifeguards, pier, promenade, parking and with more facilities available in the town.
Saltburn Beach is a Blue Flag Beach.
Saltburn beach, No dogs between Easter and October.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Saltburn-by-the-Sea in North Yorkshire is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...