Scarborough South Bay Beach (North Yorkshire)
Scarborough South Bay beach is a sandy, quiet beach ideal for families a castle situated on the cliff tops overlooking the beach
Scarborough is one of Yorkshire’s and the UK’s most traditional Victorian era coastal resort towns. The South Bay is the smaller of the two Scarborough beaches and often the one with more people.
Facilities include toilets, cafe/restaurants, beach huts, parking and Scarborough’s town facilities.
Scarborough South Bay has dog restrictions.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Scarborough in North Yorkshire is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...