Tenby North and Harbour Beach (Pembrokeshire)
Tenby northern beaches are split into two; the north beach and harbour beach.
Harbour beach is a small area of sand within the harbour and at high tide boat trips run from the harbour to Caldey island.
The North beach is a stretch of sandy beach and promenade within Tenby town. The beach has rock pools and the prominent Goskar Rock. During the summer the beach can get crowded due to its town location and easy access. In busy times well worth considering the South beach at Tenby.
Facilities include car parking, toilets, summer lifeguards on North beach, shops, cafe and hire facilities. As this is a town beach all the facilities of Tenby are just a short walk away.
Tenby North and Harbour Beach is a Blue Flag Beach and has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
Tenby North and Harbour beach has dog restrictions.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Tenby in Pembrokeshire is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...