All Places in Perth and Kinross
- Nestled in the heart of the Highlands, the hotel is situated on the north shore above Loch Rannoch and the picturesque village of Kinloch Rannoch with majestic views of the loch and hills that are simply breathtaking. The magnificent setting is the ideal location to enjoy a break away from busy lives or a romantic retreat. Steeped in tradition and rich in heritage, the hotel invites one to step back to a quieter time, while still enjoying the comfort of a superb hotel. Looking for somewhere to enjoy quality Scottish food? There is a fine selection of meals to be enjoyed in The Ptarmigan Restaurant or the Schiehallion Bar. Here at our Loch Rannoch Perthshire hotel we use only the freshest of ingredients to provide fantastic food, expertly prepared, in beautiful surroundings with superb service. When you need to unwind, our Leisure Club is the ideal way to relax after a long day. Heated swimming pool, steam room, sauna and gym are on offer to relieve stress and leave you feeling refreshed. For the more energetic, Schiehallion – our local Munro – beckons. There are numerous woodland walks nearby too, which are suitable for all the family. Offering superb service and comfortable bedrooms, the Macdonald Loch Rannoch Hotel is a perfect Highland retreat, allowing you time to relax and rejuvenate your senses. Whether you’re looking for a holiday break in Perthshire or maybe planning a wedding at the hotel, Macdonald Loch Rannoch provides luxury in a beautiful setting.
- The Melville Monument stands overlooking the town of Comrie in Perth and Kinross. It commemorates the first Lord Melville, Henry Dundas, who was Chief Minister of Scotland at the time of William Pitt the Younger. Built in 1811, the monument is 72ft in height and commands a great position on the peak of Dunmore at the mouth of the glen. Reach Melville Monument by either taking a steep climb up from the layby at the top of the hill or opting for the more gentle route, about a mile further on. Once you’ve got to the top where the monument is, enjoy magnificent views of the whole of the surrounding countryside.
- Hoseasons Nethercraig Holiday Park is surrounded by the magnificent scenery of the Angus Hills and traditional Scottish heather-clad moorland this David Bellamy Gold award-winning park with its own 18 acres of private woodland offers picnic areas and woodland walks. The perfect escape from the hustle of everyday life. Walking cycling horse riding and clay pigeon shooting are all available nearby while golf enthusiasts can take advantage of discounted course rates available at reception. Fabulous opportunities await to spot rare wildlife in the tranquil surroundings. Blue Flag beaches off-roading and the ski centre at Glenshee are all within a short drive. An abundance of castles including famous Glamis await nearby together with quaint villages distilleries and the excellent cultural and historic attractions at hand in Perth Dundee Edinburgh and St Andrew’s, all within an hour drive. A choice of luxury two and three-bedroom caravans and lodges.A flat-screen TV with Freeview/DVD Wi-Fi Kitchen including microwave and fridge/freezer Shower Bed linen and duvets Beds made up for your arrival Verandah with garden furniture Double glazed and centrally heated Gas and electricity included Babies must be included in party total Pets additional charge (max 1) (small breeds only) (in Angus Caravan only) All non-smoking accommodation
- Hoseasons Cloncaird Castle Country Estate is part of our Daisy Door Cottage Style Collection an elegant cluster of sandstone and granite cottages steeped in history rich in design and set proudly on an impressive 140-acre estate in the heart of South Ayrshire. Striking a perfect balance between contemporary Scottish style and rustic charm each boutique cottage is renovated to Designer’s Guild standards with exquisite luxury features waiting at every turn. Some boast oak-panelled living areas or open log fires and all unite in offering beautiful outdoor areas for taking in the views of grazing Highland Cattle or sharing a local picnic hamper in style. The Estate also hosts some adorable Dutch Horses and riding lessons along with salmon fishing and shooting are available. Other unmissable treats include the wealth of beautiful walks unfolding from the doorstep. Breathtaking countryside strolls beside the River Girvan family adventure days culture castles outdoor pursuits and renowned golf courses await just a little further afield. A selection of one two and three bedroom cottages each individually designed and furnished to exacting standards.Flat screen TV with selected satellite channels/DVD/CD Kitchen including microwave fridge/freezer and dishwasher Shower Bed linen duvets and towels Beds made up for your arrival Double glazed with underfloor heating Wood burning stove (except Loft Studio and Duck Pond) Gas and electricity included Babies must be included in party total Cots and highchairs £5pw each No pets All non smoking accommodation
- Ben Lawers is a mountain in the southern part of the Scottish Highlands, lying on the northside of Loch Tay. It is one of the highest mountains in this area, standing at just over 1,200m high, and is part of the long ridge that includes seven Munros. The mountain has four ridges, most of which are covered in grass with occasional rocky outcrops. However, the slopes on the south and west ridge are very steep cliffs where beautiful alpine flowers grow.