Wade’s Bridge was built in 1733 to a design by William Adam and crosse Read more [...]
Wade's Bridge Information
Wade’s Bridge was built in 1733 to a design by William Adam and crosses the River Tay on the north west side of Aberfeldy. The bridge has 5 spans, 112m long and 4.5m wide, hump backed with a broad central arch with raised parapet and 4 obelisks.
The bridge is one of over 40 bridges built in the Highlands between 1726 and 1735 as part of General Wade’s road construction. An inscription on the bridge reads “for securing a safe and easy communication between the highlands and the trading towns of the low country”.
Wade's Bridge Reviews