Felixstowe Beach (Suffolk)
Felixstowe has a five mile coastline on the Suffolk North Sea coast, between the estuaries of the Rivers Deben and Orwell. This stretch is sand and shingle beach gently sloping to the sea within a sheltered bay. The beach is backed by a promenade and then behind the promenade you have Edwardian gardens.
Felixstowe is popular with families due to it’s size and location within the town.
The main stretch of beach is either side of the Pier and this is where you will find most of the facilities.
Parking, pier, promenade, beach huts, arcades/amusements, bars/pubs, kiosks along the promenade, shops, and restaurants, cafes and fast-food outlets.
Felixstowe Beach is a Blue Flag Beach.
We have no current information on dog restrictions for Felixstowe Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Felixstowe in Suffolk is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...