The Knap Beach (Vale of Glamorgan)
The Knap beach is a wide steeply sloping pebble beach popular with surfers. At low tide you do get some sand.
As you head along the coast the beach is backed by cliffs and there are good coastal walks near by.
Parking is behind the beach and toilets available.
The Knap Beach has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
We have no current information on dog restrictions for The Knap Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Barry in Vale of Glamorgan is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...