Find Dog Friendly Beaches
Find UK dog friendly beaches? The UK coastline has miles and miles of beaches but during the summer months, it can be hard to find a nearby beach that allows dogs. Many beaches welcome dogs between the 1st of October and Easter/May but then restrict during the peak summer.
Our information for every beach gives details around tides, weather and water quality but where we have the details we also provide information about dog restrictions. There are notice boards on beaches with dog restrictions that provide full details of bans and/or the restricted areas.
Some beach visit doggie tips
- Do keep your dog safe in hot weather, always take water with you and never leave your dog in the car when temperatures rise. Remember salt water is not good for dogs.
- Do keep to the paths when walking through dune systems as there is often wildlife like nesting birds.
- Do respect other visitors and keep your dog in sight, remember that not everyone loves dogs, so before letting your dog approach other people, please check with them first.
- Do bag it, bin it and take it. There are dog bins on most beaches and surrounding areas, please use them or if you cannot find one take away with you.
- Do check your dog can swim as not all are confident in the water.
Finding beaches near me for dogs
Coast Radar's regional UK dog-friendly beach pages list beaches based on allowing dogs all year, banning dogs all year or those that have some dog restrictions. To help you search our lists below are organised in alphabetic order by country give you links to our regional UK dog-friendly beach pages.
Where a beach we list has dog information we use a traffic light system where green means allowed all year, red means not allowed and amber means some restrictions exist.
Channel Islands dog friendly beaches
England dog friendly beaches
Bristol | Cheshire | Cumbria | Cornwall | Devon | Dorset | Durham | East Riding of Yorkshire | Essex | East Sussex | Gloucestershire | Hampshire | Isle of Wight | Kent | Lancashire | Lincolnshire | Merseyside | Northumberland | Norfolk | North Yorkshire | Suffolk | Somerset | West Sussex | Tyne and Wear
Isle of Man dog friendly beaches
Northern Ireland dog friendly beaches
Scotland dog friendly beaches
Aberdeenshire | Angus | Argyll and Bute | Ayrshire | Dumfries and Galloway | Edinburgh | East Lothian | Fife | Inner Hebrides | Inverclyde | Moray | Orkney Islands | Outer Hebrides | Perth and Kinross | Shetland Islands | The Scottish Borders | The Scottish Highlands | West Lothian
Wales dog friendly beaches
Bridgend | Cardiff | Ceredigion | Carmarthenshire | Conwy | Denbighshire | Flintshire | Gwynedd | Isle of Anglesey | Monmouthshire | Neath Port Talbot | Pembrokeshire | Swansea Bay and The Gower | Vale of Glamorgan
Note that we try to keep this dog beach information up to date but restrictions are set by local councils and occasionally we may miss a change. If you spot any inconsistent information please let us know with a comment on our facebook page.