Exmouth beach has a sandy 2 mile long beach on the east bank of the mouth of the River Exe. At the beaches western end is the town and the eastern end has the cliffs of the High Land of Orcombe, a National Trust-owned open space which rises to a peak at Orcombe Point.
In addition to its beaches, Exmouth is popular for watersports (sailing and wind-surfing) and walking. The Exe Estuary is a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) and a large part of the estuary lies within a nature reserve.
Exmouth marks the western end of the Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site, which stretches eastwards along the coast to Poole, in Dorset; the South West Coast Path allows for walking along this coast. The town is also at the western end of the East Devon Way path that leads to Lyme Regis.
Facilities include parking, toilets, disabled access and facilities, cafes, shop, lifeguards (min Jul & Aug), slipway
Exmouth Beach has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
Exmouth beach, dogs only allowed in the winter - October to March.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Exmouth in Devon is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...