Lynmouth Beach (Devon)
Lynmouth is a pebble, shingle beach with rocks by a small harbour at the foot of several hills and looks out across the Bristol Channel. The River Lyn passes through Lynmouth and joins the sea on the beach.
Surrounded by beautiful National Park this beach is frequented more often by walkers than surfers and sun bathers. The surrounding Exmoor countryside and cliff top walks are some of the best around with excellent views.
A funicular railway runs to the village of Lynton at the top of one of the hills.
Facilities include parking on the seafront or in Lynmouth iteself, toilets, shops and cafes close by.
Lynmouth Beach is dog friendly and allows dogs all year.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Lynton in Devon is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...