Highcliffe Beach (Dorset)
Highcliffe beach is sand and shingle beach with groynes below grassy cliffs. The beach has areas marked for swimmers and watersports, providing safe conditions.
Highcliffe beach also provides good access to the fossil hunting clay cliffs at Barton on Sea.
The beach has a large car park and most facilities are by the car park or a short walk to Highcliffe.
Highcliffe beach has Dog restriction in place and vary depending between what groynes you are in.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Christchurch in Dorset is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...