Frinton-on-Sea is a small quiet seaside town in Essex and is a world away from it is busier neighbours of Walton-on-the-Naze and Clacton-on-Sea.
Frinton-on-Sea has a sandy beach with wooden groynes, more than a 1.5km (1 mile) long, with zoned areas for swimming, sailing and windsurfing. The beach is backed by a promenade and a large grass area.
You have some interesting beach huts at the promenade level that at the beach are on stilts.
Parking on the road, toilets, shops, one pub, beach huts and grassy areas.
Frinton-on-Sea Beach has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
Frinton-on-Sea beach, No Dogs between 1st May - 30th September.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Frinton on Sea in Essex is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Stay At …
Booking.com interactive map