Tenby Castle Beach (Pembrokeshire)
Tenby Castle Beach is within a cove between the Castle and the East Cliff, with the beach being sheltered by the cliffs. This is the smallest of the Tenby beaches and can get crowded.
At low tide boat trips run to Caldey Island or if a little more adventurous it is possible to walk out to St. Catherine’s island, but beware the tide can cut you off.
Facilities include cafe, toilets, deckchair hire and summer lifeguards, but you then also have access to many cafes, pubs, restaurants and shops in Tenby.
Tenby Castle Beach is a Blue Flag Beach and has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
Tenby Castle beach, dog restrictions between 1st May and 30th September.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Tenby in Pembrokeshire is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...