Holnicote Estate (Somerset)
Holnicote Estate, within Exmoor National Park high heather moorland, ancient woodlands and dramatic cliffs, interspersed with picturesque villages and farms. Diverse and rare wildlife, including barbastelle bats and heath fritillary butterflies.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Minehead in Somerset is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Greenaleigh Sand beach is sandy beach with a pebble bank at high tide mark and backed by wooded hills. The beach is accessible only on foot and is 1½ miles along the coast path from Minehead. The beach has no facilities and as you need to walk means it is usually deserted.
- Porlock Bay beach is about a mile in length consisting of pebbles and is rare in this cliff dominated stretch of coast. Behind the shingle ridge you have an inland salt marsh. The beach is actually split and to the West you have Porlock Weir. Facilities include car parking, toilets and a pub.
- Minehead beach is also known as The Strand beach. The beach is a curving sandy beach, although becomes more pebbly as you approach the harbour. The beach has a large promenade that has a selection of cafes, restaurants, bars and shops. At the top end of the bay you have North Hill which has some great views across the Bristol Channel to Wales and along the coast to Exmoor. The beach is popular with windsurfers and kitesurfers and it is best to launch at the west end of the beach. Conditions can vary but a great opportunity for flat water blasting. The beach is also the starting point for the South West Coast Path, which runs all the way to Poole in Dorset via both North and South Devon’s coasts and Cornwall. The beach has all the expected facilities of a large traditional seaside town.
- Beach: Blue Anchor Bay beach, Minehead View: Located just the other side of the road running behind the beach at Blue Anchor. This is a quiet coastal location with a long sandy beach, popular with sea anglers and walkers. What’s on the menu?: Snack, light bites, hot and cold drinks, ice-creams
- Where can I stay ...
- Exmoor Holidays offers a high standard of 4 star family and dog friendly self catering accommodation in the picturesque traditional Exmoor village of Porlock. Ideally situated for exploring the beauty and diversity of Exmoor National Park, the South West Coast Path and Coleridge Way either by car, bicycle, horse, or on foot. We offer flexible accommodation where Exmoor Holidays can be rented as one large 4 bedroom house sleeping up to 8 guests, perfect for larger groups and generation vacations. Alternatively for smaller groups and couples the house can be divided into 2 with the connecting door locked and rented as 2 separate self contained properties with their own gardens and free off road car parking. Maxwelton (3 bedroom house) and Bracken 1 bed apartment. Maxwelton is a spacious holiday cottage offering breathtaking sea views and large secure private garden. Our Laura Ashley dining table comfortably seats 8 for special celebrations and larger family holidays. Enjoy cosy winter evenings relaxing around Maxwelton’s log burning stove. Maxwelton’s 4 poster bedroom enhances the romantic experience. Free off road car parking. Free Wifi. Bracken Apartment offers self-contained ground floor accommodation with fully equipped kitchen, lounge dining room and garden. For those wanting to get completely away from it all our cottage is situated in a peaceful location in Porlock but only a couple of minutes walk from the village centre and historic Ship Inn. Our accommodation caters for 1 – 8 people + travel cot and offers flexible accommodation packages for couples, extended families and larger groups of friends to share memorable holiday moments; family celebrations; Christmas, New Year and Easter festivities as well as short breaks and extended stays of up to 3 weeks duration. Perfect for a generation vacation! Come and discover for yourself why a recent audit has shown us that 86% of our bookings are from returning customers. It does not surprise us that some of our guests have been holidaying in Porlock for over 30 years. There is something very special about the community spirit of Porlock, and Exmoor’s outstandingly beautiful and unspoit coastline and countryside offers a wide range of activities and country pursuits to suit all ages and abilities. Traditional dog friendly thatched country pub just a minute’s walk away. There are numerous spectacular beach, moorland, woodland and countryside walks directly from our doorstep including the South West Coast Path and Coleridge Way. We enjoy walking our dog through the woods to Porlock Weir for lunch, returning along the beach.
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...