Large sandy beach with man made seating areas and rocks to one side and Banjo Pier to the other. At high tode you have a large beach but at low tide you have a large area of flat sand.
The sea is shallow for a long way out and so you can enjoy paddling or swimming.
Banjo Pie is a very popular place for a spot of rod and line fishing.
Popular beach for families and in the height of the season but can becomes very busy but if you travel to the east the beach becomes quieter and rockier.
Facilities include parking, toilets, trampolines, shops and places to eat.
Dogs are not allowed on Looe Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Looe in Cornwall is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...