Bantham beach is a sandy beach with rock pools at the mouth of the River Avon and backed by some great sand dunes.
This is a family beach you goto to get a natural coastal visit in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB). Also a nearby Wildlife Reserve with Walking Trails.
Popular surfing, bodyboarding and windsurfing beach although can get busy as it is suitable for all standards.
Lifeguards in the summer but beach facilities are limited to toilets and parking, although essentials can be found in the village just under a mile away.
We have no current information on dog restrictions for Bantham Beach.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Bigbury-on-Sea in Devon is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...