Ness Cove Beach (Devon)
Ness Cove beach lies below the red cliffs of Ness Headland accessed through what is believed to be an original smugglers tunnel by Shaldon Wildlife Zoo. The beach is mainly shingle with rock pools and gently slopes towards the sea.
Watercraft are not permitted between the yellow marker buoys and the shoreline, apart from a marked access lane to the beach.
Facilities include cafe, parking, toilets, evening BBQ’s can be booked and the beach is patrolled by lifeguards.
Ness Cove Beach has been awarded a regional Seaside Award.
Ness Cove Beach is dog friendly and allows dogs all year.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Shaldon in Devon is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...