Holland-on-sea Beach (Essex)
Holland-on-sea beach is a sandy beach to the east of Clacton. A sandy beach with some sea defences.
Holland-on-sea beach is less busy than the main Clacton beaches but only a half an hour walk from the Pier. Also a short walk to Frinton in the North.
The upper promenade is backed by grass and with benches and also allows cycling whilst the lower promenade on beach level does not allow cycling.
Facilities include parking, beach huts, cafe, seasonal kiosk, toilets, clacton sailing club.
Holland-on-sea beach, Dog restrictions on parts of the beach between 1st May and 30th September. Dogs must be on a lead on the promenade.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Clacton-on-Sea in Essex is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...