Margate Bay Beach (Kent)
The Margate Bay beach is a sandy beach in the centre of Margate. The beach has a great tidal pool making this a family friendly beach with excellent facilities.
Facilities include toilets, cafes/restaurants, seasonal lifeguards, promenade, tidal pool and children’s playground.
Margate Bay Beach is a Blue Flag Beach.
Margate Bay beach has dog restrictions although does have a dog exercise area.
- Beach Water QualityWater samples are taken at regular intervals during the bathing season and at the end of the season the water quality is classified as:
- Excellent: the highest classification meaning the water is cleanest
- Good: generally good water quality
- Sufficient: meets minimum standards
- Poor: You are advised not to swim. The beach will stay open and an action plan should be in place to improve the water quality.
- 7 Day Weather Forecast
Our weather forecast for Margate in Kent is split into two widgets. The first shows a timeline containing temperature, wind, sunrise/sunset and chance of rain, whilst the second shows the forecast for the week ahead including severe weather alerts when available.
- You may also like ...
In this 'you may also like' section we attempt to answer what else can I do? Here you have a list by order of being the closest some more beaches, things to see and do, places to eat and upcoming events.
- Where can I stay ...
Booking.com interactive map
- What do others think ...